© Foto: Unbekannt - Max Hasak (1856-1934): Die Baukunst. 11. Heft: Die Kirchen von Gross St. Martin und St. Aposteln in Köln, Verlag W. Spemann, Berlin, Stuttgart, 1899 Scan by Raimond Spekking; Lizenz: CC0
© Foto: Unbekannt - Max Hasak (1856-1934): Die Baukunst. 11. Heft: Die Kirchen von Gross St. Martin und St. Aposteln in Köln, Verlag W. Spemann, Berlin, Stuttgart, 1899 Scan by Raymond Disc. - Raimond Spekking; Lizenz: CC0
Neumarkt 30, 50667 Cologne
This icon indicates an awarded building
This icon indicates a listed building
Projects with this logo are on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list
Project has been converted, renovated or extended
Project is part of "Housing Culture Trail"
- keine Angabe -
Total projects: 484
Distance: 0.45 km
Distance: 0.53 km
The Apostelnstift’s church founded in the 11th century by Archbishop Pilgrim was a large three-nave basilica with a transept and choir to the west. About 1200, the Ottonian building was extended by a great triconche to the east. This made St. Aposteln a major Rhenian Romanesque building. The former collegiate church is a three-nave basilica from Salic and Staufian times with a trefoil choir to the east and a transept and a high steeple to the west. The convent and its church were to the west of the city, outside the city walls still extant in the Middle Ages.
More at romanische-kirchen-koeln.de
Author: Förderverein Romanische Kirchen Köln e.V.
Last changed on 25.09.2007