Dreizehner Straße / Fresnostraße, 48159 Münster
This icon indicates an awarded building
This icon indicates a listed building
Projects with this logo are on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list
Project has been converted, renovated or extended
1913-1922 / 1998 - 2000
Total projects: 483
Distance: 2.53 km
On the former site of the Lincoln barracks on the northern edge of the Münster city centre the buildings were converted into 170 dwelling units and a two-group day nursery.
The problem in the conversion of formerly military sites into dwelling units is that the use is very different and of completely different dimensions. The planned conversion thus required changed spatial depth, differentiated access roads and the restructuring of the sanitary facilities.
The structures and the façades were completely redeveloped, the latter also complemented by loggias. These are now valuable open spaces and, at the same time, accentuate the redeveloped Art Nouveau façades in a very appropriate manner.
Award: Vorbildliche Bauten in Nordrhein-Westfalen 2000 (Land NRW/Architektenkammer NRW) [Exemplary buildings in North Rhine – Westphalia 2000; Land NRW/chamber of architects NRW]
Exemplary buildings in North Rhine – Westphalia 2000; Land NRW/chamber of architects NRW
Author: Editorial baukunst-nrw
Last changed on 05.12.2023