© Foto: Steffen Schmitz (Carschten) / Wikimedia Commons; Lizenz: CC BY-SA 4.0
© Foto: Diplo; Lizenz: CC BY-SA 3.0
Ebertstraße/Ringstraße, 47475 Kamp-Lintfort
This icon indicates an awarded building
This icon indicates a listed building
Projects with this logo are on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list
Project has been converted, renovated or extended
- keine Angabe -
Advanced search with more criteria
Total projects: 483
Distance: 2.80 km
Distance: 3.01 km
Distance: 3.27 km
Distance: 7.10 km
At the beginning of the 20th century, the outskirts of the Ruhr area saw the development of one of the largest workers’ estates in the region.
In 1906, Aktiengesellschaft Friedrich-Heinrich was founded in Paris and started to build a pit in what is now the town of Kamp-Lintfort. Friedrich-Heinrich was built in the middle of nowhere, as it were. The recruited workers had to be housed and made to settle near the pit.
The first construction phase began in 1909. The overall impression that you get of Alt- Siedlung, modelled upon the garden town concept, is that it is heterogeneous. The oldest houses are not too strictly arranged between Ring-, Albert- and Ebertstraße on comparatively lavish properties. One-and-a-half and two-storey houses have been combined to form semi-detached or four-family houses, all with front garden, garden and pen.
At ca. 76 ha, Alt-Siedlung Friedrich Heinrich is the largest workers’ estate in the Rhenian-Westphalian industrial area.
Today it is a redeveloped and restored estate and (once again) an attractive and thus valued place to live.
Author: Route der Industriekultur/Editorial baukunst-nrw
Last changed on 12.02.2008
Architecture » Residential buildings » Multiple Housing