Rathausplatz 3, 45655 Recklinghausen
This icon indicates an awarded building
This icon indicates a listed building
Projects with this logo are on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list
Project has been converted, renovated or extended
Project is part of "Housing Culture Trail"
Total projects: 484
Distance: 0.75 km
Distance: 1.47 km
The town hall finished in 1908 is an example of the representation of governmental power. The style of the ne-Renaissance (deriving from “deutsche Renaissance“) is the style most used in representative buildings of that era.
Architect Otto Müller-Jena built the fourth town hall in natural stone. The clock tower on the roof, the multiply broken-down roof and the large first-floor windows are very striking indeed. The central tower is coppered.
Author: LWL-Amt für Denkmalpflege
Last changed on 16.04.2020