Laurenzstraße 55, 48607 Ochtrup
This icon indicates an awarded building
This icon indicates a listed building
Projects with this logo are on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list
Project has been converted, renovated or extended
1893 / 1909 / 1947
Total projects: 483
Distance: 12.92 km
The architectural monument of the former weaving mill Laurenz consists of various buildings built between 1893 and 1947. The weaving mill made Ochtrup an important centre of the west-Münsterland textiles industry. The first building was the admin building designed by Beltmann and finished in 1893. A special feature was his idea of a fixed equipment for the conference room. In 1909, architect Hubert Holtmann built a bakery and a warehouse with a tower. Further warehouses and a reception building were added by architect Dominikus Böhm in 1947.
The mill still shapes the townscape. The weaving mill Laurenz established in 1854 does still exist, trading under the name “van Delden“. The listed company buildings have been used as a shopping centre for textiles since 2004.
Author: Redaktion baukunst-nrw
Last changed on 04.09.2017